Discover the origins of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese with a visit to a Parma cheese factory. It will be possible to see how this cheese, protected by the EU, is still produced following traditional methods, exclusively in the Typical Zone of Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena and part of Bologna and Mantua. This extraordinary cheese was produced for the first time nine centuries ago by Cistercian monks in the Parma countryside.
During the visit it will be possible to witness the extraction of the Parmesan cheese from the boilers, where the milk is cooked, and then move to the brine room and then to the maturing warehouse.
In the warehouse it will be possible to see thousands of wheels of different seasoning and our experts will carry out the "beating" to evaluate the quality of the product.
Finally, there will be a tasting of Parmigiano Reggiano of different ages, accompanied by balsamic vinegar and local sparkling wine.
- See and learn about the production of Parmesan cheese
- Savor delicious tastings of Parmesan
- Finish off your tour with a glass of Malvasia
- Enjoy round-trip transport from your Hotel / Pick-up point
- √ Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
- √ Pickup and drop-off
- √ Guide
- √ Entry tickets
- √ Tastings
- X Gratuities
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- Sandals or flip flops
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine.
- The guide will wait max 10 minutes from the departure time