DURATION : 2 hours 30 minutes
LANGUAGES: Italian - English
After a brief introduction on the historical notes by the guide, the gastronomic visit begins with the cold phase, where the fresh meats are processed. It is then explained how the best meats are chosen for the processing of Parma ham.
Afterwards it is possible to see the machinery used for salting and the refrigeration cells. We then move on to the hot phase, with a visit to the maturing rooms, characterized by the typical aromas of ham. During the seasoning, the "tapping" that leads to the branding by the Consortium with the famous "crown" of Parma ham will be explained.
At the end of the visit there will be a tasting of Parma ham accompanied by a glass of Malvasia dei Colli di Parma .
- See and learn about the production of Parma Ham
- Visit the picturesque hills where Prosciutto is made
- Savor delicious tasting of Prosciutto
- Finish off your tour with a glass of Malvasia
- Enjoy round-trip transport from your accommodation in Parma
- √ Headsets to hear the tour guide clearly
- √ Pickup and drop-off
- √ Private guide
- √ Entry tickets
- √ Tastings
- X Gratuities
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- Sandals or flip flops
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine.
- The guide will wait max 10 minutes from the departure time